Hibob takes pride in how their system helps you build a positive company culture.
‘Culture’ can have many different meanings for different people, but for Hibob it means giving special attention to the employee experience.
Here are a few examples of how Hibob strives in that direction:
- The platform looks like a social-media site: it is colourful and interactive
- Team members can personalise their profiles with their preferred pronouns, their gender, hobbies, etc
- New hires can post a video to introduce themselves to the rest of the company
- You can create ‘clubs’ to offer people the opportunity to share their interests with colleagues
- Team members can post kudos and shoutouts to celebrate special accomplishments
BambooHR doesn’t offer these types of features: it looks and feels more serious and to-the-point.
I personally think that, while shoutouts is a feature that every company would use, the rest really depends on what type of culture you are trying to build at your business. Some of these features may look redundant for smaller businesses that are just starting out, or even frivolous in more traditional industries.